Friday, August 26, 2011

THINGS TO DO IN CINCINNATI - HOFBRAUHAUS NEWPORT

The greater Cincinnati area is known for its beer.  It's also known for its large German population.  If you like food and drink with a German flair, check out Hofbrauhaus - Newport in Newport, Kentucky, just across the river from downtown Cincinnati.

You can read my family's experience of the restaurant here.  In short, this restaurant is modeled on the 400 year old Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany.  You can get your standard German fare, as well as a wide variety of beers.  Being a non-beer-drinker myself, I can't vouch for the lager, but I'm assured by those who know better that there are some great choices.  I can vouch for the cream puff, which is one of the best I've ever had, with a light, fluffy pastry and delicious cream filling.  This sucker is big, so it's made for sharing.  You can download the menu here and check here for hours and special events.  Hofbrauhaus Newport is a short walk from Newport on the Levee



You might also be interested in:

THINGS TO DO IN CINCINNATI

RIDE THE DUCKS TOUR - NEWPORT

     

No comments: