In her post today, the wonderful Alison over at Embrace the Struggle tagged me to tell eleven random things about myself and to answer her eleven questions. Then I'll keep the fun going by tagging eleven bloggers myself and give them a list of questions.
And without further ado, eleven things you
never wanted to know about me:
- I'm a huge Beach Boys fan and my high school class ring has picture of a surfer under the stone.
- As a toddler I had such tight curly hair that my mother couldn't get a comb through it without the help of detangler.
- I kissed the real Blarney Stone.
- I have my mother's brains and my father's personality (heaven help me).
- I have brown eyes, my husband has blue, and both our children have a hazel-greenish eye color that exists nowhere else in either family.
- I love roller coasters.
- My thigh circumference is the same as a super model's waist.
- In a childhood fit of Addams Family-mania, I made tombstones and crosses out of popsicle sticks and put them in the backyard so I could see my "cemetery" from my bedroom window.
- I hate my long nose (and, as my sister recently discovered, that little bit between the nostrils is crooked).
- I had pink-tinted hair in high school.
- I have four piercings in each ear although I rarely wear eight earrings at once.
- I provide a taxi service for a neighborhood dog named Buddy, who shows up at my house when he's wet and tired.
- I'm 5'4" tall and I'm the "tall one" in my family.
- I love Buster Keaton movies and if I'd had a boy the second time around I was going to name him Keaton James.
- I didn't go to my prom.
And now to Alison's questions:
11 Questions for My Tagees:
- Who is your favorite singer (or band)?
- Cary Grant or George Clooney?
- Cancelled t.v. show you miss the most.
- Most annoying habit.
- Best facial feature.
- Favorite season and why.
- Did you see The Artist?
- Favorite book as a child.
- Have you seen the first person you kissed in the last 10 years?
- Favorite movie made before 1970.
- If you have children, who are they named after? If you don't, who is your pet named after (or what inspired the name)?
- Sidney Poitier or Denzel Washington?
- What country would you like to visit before you die?
- Have you ever seen a dead body in person?
- Favorite book or movie that makes you want to eat.