Wednesday, October 19, 2011

THE FRENULECTOMY

My thoughts this week have, for once, not been focused on my own self-centered desires or the overflowing hamper or even my Mad Men withdrawal.  (Seriously, they gotta have a new episode soon.  Some of us need Don Draper -- and you can file that under one of those "self-centered desires.")

Tomorrow Foghorn goes to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati for a frenulectomy, removing that little string beneath the tongue and hopefully curing those few lingering speech impediments.  Since I've wasted the bulk of a day obsessing over what to take for her and what knitting patterns to take for me and what to put on the iPod for both of us, I'll let my sister (The Inmates' beloved Uncle Chester) over at Nudged to Write fill you in on Foghorn's reactions to her impending surgery.  (You can read it here.)  One could look on this as a lazy woman's way to get someone else to write her blog post for her.  I prefer to think of it as shining a spotlight on my sister's writing abilities.  (I also like to say it's not "binging," it's a conscious decision not to waste food.  It's all in the semantics, my friend.)

You might also be interested in:

MEET THE INMATES -- FOGHORN

TWO SIDES TO EVERY PERSON



No comments: