Thursday, November 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 -- FREEDOM!



Yes, I did it!  I was ready to quit last week...and the week before...and two days in...  I persevered, however, and wrote the most completely crappy 50,000 words of my life.  But it's a novel and it's mine and it counts, so I will gladly accept the applause of the lovely NaNoWriMo folks above and I will print out my certificate and I will feel like I accomplished something this year.  And, if I haven't mentioned it before, I give permission for anyone to bludgeon me with a ceramic turkey next year if I even hint that I am going to do this again.  Never, ever, EVER again!

You would think that after I wrote about the agony of NaNoWriMo last year and the much easier, but challenging, NaBloPoMo I would have known better than to take up this writing marathon again.  Yeah, right.  And you would think someone who KNOWS she gets horrendous acid reflux when she overindulges on candied sweet potatoes would only have a small amount on Thanksgiving.  Let's just say I need to get more Pepcid AC at the store.  




YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:

* NaNoWriMo Vs. NaBloPoMo

* Don't You Have Anything Better To Do?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Mom

Marcy said...

Congrats! What an achievement. Will you be trying to edit it at all?

Rachel Cotterill said...

Well done! I was in the US this November, so I didn't finish my NaNo, or almost anything else...